Double distillation aged for 6 months in american oak barrels
los amantes Reposado
Super Premium Mezcal
Aged in American oak barrels for 6 months prior to bottling, Los Amantes Reposado has sultry layers of smoke, clove and vanilla which are deftly interlaced with citrus nuances. Earthy, smoky flavors combine to create a soft, sweet and warm palate.
› Production details:
- NOM: 001
- Agave Source: Espadin, fully ripe (10 years) / Tlacolula Valley, Oaxaca
- Cooking: Traditional conic wood/volcanic stone ovens for 72 hrs.
- Milling: Traditional stone wheel process
- Water source: Natural spring (Tlacolula)
- Fermentation: Natural in wooden vats
- 1st Distillation: Stainless steel still
- 2nd Distillation: Copper still
- Barrels: American oak for 6 months
- Bottles: Green crystal with unique design
- Proof: 80 (40% ABV)
BTI (Beverage Testing Institute).
Gold Medal / 93 Points